Tuesday, March 27, 2012

DR for Crystal Enterprise and Business Objects

Have to build DR solution and subj is a part of it.

Maybe some one has done it already… share the experience please.

Dr in my case will between 2 different data centers, replication is san 2 san so on other side I have a warm standby that does not see san disks and will become active if and only if the primary data center is down, windows domain is the same, ip addresses, names of the servers are different. How a cluster will behave is interesting as well (I mean CE is on cluster, not geo distributed cluster).

I have CE90. I’m talking to their tech support that seems to be outsourced, they didn’t really produce in 5 days anything more then a part of their own documentation in pdf format for CE version I do not use J…

So I’m wondering maybe somebody had to walk similar path already…

I see you were already involved on the previous thread that discussed some of the general considerations for such SAN replication (it was titled SAN Replication and is at http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=465113&SiteID=1). Unfortunately I'm not aware of any specific considerations for CE.

No comments:

Post a Comment