Sunday, March 25, 2012

Download/Install SQL RS 2005 Alone--not the whole chunk of SQL2005

Hey all,
Is there anywhere that I could download trial version of SQL 2005 Reporting
services alone...not the whole junk of SQL Server 2005. I need just the
Reporting services. another question is I have SQL 2005 Developer Edition
CTP(community tchnology preview) DVD and I am looking at a way to upgrade
only reporting services from 2000 to 2005.But the set up wont let me do just
that. It insists that I upgrade the server also. Please let me know!!!Hi,
You can only download the complete package of SQL Server 2005 and I believe
it will be by its release. Reporting Service 2005 is a part of SQL Server
2005. Compare it to the Analysis Server part: you can't download it seperate
from the SQL Server part.
For your upgrading problem: Maybe it is a 'feature' of the CTP install,
haven't tried it this way. But you could try to install the SQL Server 2005
at a new instance and make SRS to install/upgrade at the instance of the 2000
version.
Hope this would help you.
Jan Pieter Posthuma
"Balaji" wrote:
> Hey all,
> Is there anywhere that I could download trial version of SQL 2005 Reporting
> services alone...not the whole junk of SQL Server 2005. I need just the
> Reporting services. another question is I have SQL 2005 Developer Edition
> CTP(community tchnology preview) DVD and I am looking at a way to upgrade
> only reporting services from 2000 to 2005.But the set up wont let me do just
> that. It insists that I upgrade the server also. Please let me know!!!
>

No comments:

Post a Comment