Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Downloading sql server 2005

Hi!
I am a beginner who downloaded Microsoft SQL server 2005 (for reporting services) to my Windows XP Professional (32-bit systems), but it asks me to install the service packs as well...

Its confusing to know which ones... So Windows XP Service Pack 2 is already installed.
I could not find Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 for my version though.
Downloaded Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, which requires Windows Server 2003 as well... true?

Do I also need Asp.net and IIS?
I would be very grateful for some help... to clarify which components needed.


With your setup you need to:

1. Install IIS and .net 2.0

2. Install SQL Server 2005 Developer or Standard edition. The Developer edition has all features of the Enterprise edition and can run on Windows XP.

No comments:

Post a Comment