Tuesday, March 27, 2012

DR - Restore Master

I am doing a DR test and I am running the command sqlservr.exe -c -m to put
the server in single user mode before I restore the Master database. My ques
tion - How long does this command normally run?
Thanks,
JessThe command prompt window will sit there, it is running the sql server =
process, so it stays until you shut it down (either by CTRL + C, or a =
shutdown command from osql or Query analyser)
Mike John
"Jess" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
news:65EAAC26-7D01-4B7A-8357-A88735A63000@.microsoft.com...
> I am doing a DR test and I am running the command sqlservr.exe -c -m =
to put the server in single user mode before I restore the Master =
database. My question - How long does this command normally run?=20
>=20
> Thanks,
> Jess|||sqlservr.exe is the service. When you run it with a switch in a command
window it will keep running as long as SQL Server is running in single user
mode.
Christian Smith
"Jess" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:65EAAC26-7D01-4B7A-8357-A88735A63000@.microsoft.com...
> I am doing a DR test and I am running the command sqlservr.exe -c -m to
put the server in single user mode before I restore the Master database. My
question - How long does this command normally run?
> Thanks,
> Jess|||Great, thanks guys! I logged into QA to see if it was in single user mode an
d it was but not sure if there was any way the command prompt would give any
notification that it was in single user mode. My sits there for awhile afte
r Starting up database 'msd
b'.

No comments:

Post a Comment