Tuesday, March 27, 2012

DPE and Report Models

To my horror I have discovered that you can not specify a provdier that
is anything other than SQL Data Provider in a report model project.
Here's my problem. I'd like to provide one set of models for my schema
and be able to dynamically change the connection string using a DPE
that we have developed.
This way I publish the models and the datasource and we can connect to
different DB's at runtime.
If this can be done in a standard report project why can't it be done
in a report model project?
If this is "impossible" are there any plans to support custome DPE's
with report models in the next service pack / version.
Help, at the moment we have to maintain and publish a set of models for
every client we have that has their own database and majority of the
schema's are identical.
Regards
Toby.Ok found some more providers, but no DPE.
Toby|||Tobi wrote:
> Ok found some more providers, but no DPE.
> Toby
Anybody for any Ideas? Anybody There? Help?sql

No comments:

Post a Comment