Thursday, March 29, 2012

Drag columns around?

Hello,

I am a complete newbie to CR and am evaluating CR-XI. I have a requirement to create user-customizable reports - i.e. reports where the user can move columns around to get a layout he/she likes for printing. For example, if there were 5 fields in the report:

Column1 Column2 Column3 Column4 Column5

and the user wanted to print the report with the field order:-

Column1 Column2 Column5 Column3 Column4

is it possible for the user to be able to drag the columns around? Being an amateur, could someone please list the steps I need to go thru to achieve this? Is this possible programatically - via VB6/VB.Net and if so could someone direct/show me some detailed code for this?

Apart from what I described above, the bigger requirement is to create reports at run-time from scratch. I need to create an application that will accept SQL queries from the user, parse it, run it, and display the resultant recordset as a CR. Could someone please direct/show me some code on how to do it - I am a beginner and so will need as much help as possibe.

I use Delphi 7/.Net but am pretty sure I will be able to convert VB to Delphi.

I very much appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,
VrijeshSee if you find solution at the suppoet section of this site
www.BusinessObjects.comsql

No comments:

Post a Comment