Sunday, February 26, 2012

Domain User privilege for connecting SQL server 2000

Hi,

My server administrator has created a few users as domain user privilege for connecting SQL server from my application. However it faild to connect, and

with Domain Admin privilege, my app is running ok.

I asked admin person to upgrade domain user privilege to connect SQL server,

but he couldn't do this for security reason, and told it should work with domain user.

Is it true for domain user to connect SQL server without any problem?

Do I need to add the user, domain user, into Logins of Security inside SQL server Enterprise Manager?

Or inside users of my database section of SQL server EManager?

Thanks,

dixon

You have to create a login in SQL Server 2000 that corresponds to the domain user. Look at sp_grantlogin:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/tsqlref/ts_sp_ga-gz_8dri.asp

Thanks
Laurentiu

No comments:

Post a Comment