Friday, February 24, 2012

Domain Authentication

Hello all,

I'm looking to force a user to input their uid & pwd, to let them connect to a database.

My connection string is currently:

data source=SERVERNAME;initial catalog=DATABASENAME;uid=USER;pwd=Pas$wORd

If I do
data source=SERVERNAME;initial catalog=DATABASENAME;uid=;pwd=

then it says it can't find the <null> user. How do I make it so they HAVE to enter their domain account? I know it probably has something to do with web.config's
<authentication mode="Windows" />
and impersonation. But I do NOT want to use the ASPNET account. I need to implement Active Directory roles with this. Any info regarding this? Thanks a ton for anything!

-Matthew TaylorWhat kind of authentication are you using on your site?|||You need to use integrated security if you do not want to pass in a username and password.

"Data Source=Aron1;Initial Catalog=pubs;Integrated Security=SSPI;"
- or -
"Server=Aron1;Database=pubs;Trusted_Connection=True;"
(both connection strings produces the same result)

From www.connectionstrings.com

No comments:

Post a Comment