Friday, February 24, 2012

Domain not visible

I just upgraded my 2000 installation to Sql Server 2005 Developer. When I try to create a new login I can only use local accounts. Search and the Locations only displays the computer name and not the domain. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Robert van Poelgeest

Hi Robert - I assume you are using SSMS but correct me if I'm wrong.

Are you running SSMS (client) on the same machine as the Server?

Are you logged into client machine with a domain account from domain you want to add?

Can you add the desired domain account using the CREATE LOGIN command?

|||

Hi Bruce,

Yes I am using SSMS on the server itself and yes I am logged in using a domain account. I haven't tried using a CREATE LOGIN account but I will.

update: This whole problem was caused by a dns configuration problem and was not caused by anything in Sqlserver

No comments:

Post a Comment