Friday, February 24, 2012

Domain Migration

I am trying to migrate users accounts from a 2000 Server to 2003 server I am changing domain names and the new domain a is a child domain off a parent domain. I have created a trust on both domain servers and the parent domain and I have created administrative users on each domain I am using the ADMIT migration tool and can get all the way through it then get an access denied when it trys to create the accounts. The knowledge bases on this say I need a Domain Admin user on each domains for the other domain. Being in a child domain it does not let me create this I have created users and added the admistrative group for each user this should give the rights to create the users on the new domain, but still am getting the access denied.

Does anyone know what I am missing on this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Shawn

I would suggest posting this question on a Windows forum, given that you are doing Windows operations, not SQL Server operations.

Thanks
Laurentiu

|||

Is your login is a part of domain and local admin on both of those domains?

As suggested above its better to search through the Windows related forums, if this is not a SQL related issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment