Friday, February 24, 2012

Domain not show select user location dialog

I have a laptop with SQL Server 2005 Express installed and when I want
to add a user to a database the only location I can select from is the
local machine. The machine is part of a SBS domain and I want a
domain user to rights through NT authentication. How do I get the
domain so show up in the list of locations?The SQL Server Services need to be started with a domain account that has
rights to be able to browse the directory. My guess is that you've got the
services started up as system or local accounts.
"Van" wrote:

> I have a laptop with SQL Server 2005 Express installed and when I want
> to add a user to a database the only location I can select from is the
> local machine. The machine is part of a SBS domain and I want a
> domain user to rights through NT authentication. How do I get the
> domain so show up in the list of locations?
>

No comments:

Post a Comment