Friday, February 24, 2012

Domain Controller and SQL Server 2005

Hi All,
I have a quick question.
Can I have Domain Controller, file server and SQL Server 2005 on the
same machine?
What are the pros and cons? Can I use the same machine as SQL
Mirroring?
I really do appreciate your suggestions.
Thanks a million in advance.
Best regards,
MamunHi
Ideally SQL Server should be on it's own server and not have to compete for
resources with other activities, for instance you would even remove
unnecessary services etc, you would also design your system for high
throughput of I/O and split disc access across as many discs as possible for
instance using mutiple data files and splitting the log and data files onto
different physical discs.
Saying that, if your database access is not high and your budgets do not
stretch to having a dedicated server, there are products like SBS which allow
you to purchase most of the systems you would require; although ultimately
you may want to graduate to separate systems the initial cost is reduced.
John
"mamun" wrote:
> Hi All,
> I have a quick question.
> Can I have Domain Controller, file server and SQL Server 2005 on the
> same machine?
> What are the pros and cons? Can I use the same machine as SQL
> Mirroring?
> I really do appreciate your suggestions.
> Thanks a million in advance.
> Best regards,
> Mamun
>

No comments:

Post a Comment