Friday, February 24, 2012

Domain Authentication

I need to get the Data sources that use Domain Authetication functioning. I
have an internal Web Server Set up that is using "Integrated Windows
Authntication". That box is checked in the "Authenitcation Methods" dialog
box of the Default Web Site Properties page's Directory Security Tab.
I have a report that I have been using to test this that simply has the
"Select SUSER_SNAME(SUSER_SID())" for the command. The Command is on a
dataset that hits one of our SQL Servers using Windows Authentication.
When I preview the report in Visual Stdio it displays my Domain User name in
the form <Domain>\<username> as expected.
The report has been deployed and when I open it in the Web Browser I get the
"An error has occurred during report processing.
Cannot create a connection to data source 'CorporateSQL_Domain'.
For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the
local server machine, or enable remote errors"
When I open IE6 on my Web Server on which I am running Reporting Services, I
have to supply my domain account information (I think that is the Integrated
Security working), and then when I open the report I get the followig error
message:
An error has occurred during report processing.
Cannot create a connection to data source 'CorporateSQL_Domain'.
Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.
From my understanding this is telling me that IIS is passing the anonymous
user's credentials.
Can anyone, point me in the right direction?
Thanks in Advance.
Chris HornungWe have it functioning (if anyone is interested). In order to get it to work
we used Basic Authentication and had to add a realm.
"Chris Hornung" wrote:
> I need to get the Data sources that use Domain Authetication functioning. I
> have an internal Web Server Set up that is using "Integrated Windows
> Authntication". That box is checked in the "Authenitcation Methods" dialog
> box of the Default Web Site Properties page's Directory Security Tab.
> I have a report that I have been using to test this that simply has the
> "Select SUSER_SNAME(SUSER_SID())" for the command. The Command is on a
> dataset that hits one of our SQL Servers using Windows Authentication.
> When I preview the report in Visual Stdio it displays my Domain User name in
> the form <Domain>\<username> as expected.
> The report has been deployed and when I open it in the Web Browser I get the
> "An error has occurred during report processing.
> Cannot create a connection to data source 'CorporateSQL_Domain'.
> For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the
> local server machine, or enable remote errors"
> When I open IE6 on my Web Server on which I am running Reporting Services, I
> have to supply my domain account information (I think that is the Integrated
> Security working), and then when I open the report I get the followig error
> message:
> An error has occurred during report processing.
> Cannot create a connection to data source 'CorporateSQL_Domain'.
> Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'.
> From my understanding this is telling me that IIS is passing the anonymous
> user's credentials.
> Can anyone, point me in the right direction?
> Thanks in Advance.
> Chris Hornung
>

No comments:

Post a Comment